This is a resource for anyone who wants to evaluate a plan. Its goal is to contain all the questions that we should ask every time, but sometimes forget to.
- Are we aware of our surroundings? Where could someone be hiding?
- What would it take for the people next to us to attack us?
- What secrets are we keeping?
- Who do we know is listening?
- Who might be listening?
- Does the plan use any abilities we are supposed to keep secret?
- Does this plan use information we are supposed to keep secret?
- If it does, can an outside observer piece together what we know from what we are doing?
- What is our current social role?
- What are the expectations for that role, and the penalties for not meeting them?
- Will we make ourselves or our allies look bad?
- Will we make our enemies look good?
- Do we have any relevant standing orders?
- Have we been given a direct order?
- What will happen if we violate those orders?
- Do we have any friends who would care about what we are doing?
- Are we harming any of our friends?
- Do we have the opportunity to help any of our friends?
- We are trying to make Hazou more empathetic, so is there an opportunity to specifically consider the feelings of others in this plan?
- Have we made any relevant agreements or deals?
- Will anyone think we have gone back on our word if we do this?
Side effects Edit
- Will any environmental changes hurt our allies?
- Or help our enemies?
- Are bystanders, especially civilians, likely to get caught in any sort of cross fire?
- Will anyone be hurt as a result of helping us?
- Will this become known?
- Have we asked anyone in the game world to check our logic?
- Are we accidentally planning for someone else who should be an expert on the topic? Like how we tried to plan for winter when Kagome was already a survival expert.
- If so, consider putting it in anyway, but mark it as just a suggestion for the QMs, to save them some spoons.
Possibility and Rulings Edit
- Is this plan possible within our current understanding of the world and its rules?
- If anything relies on a specific interpretation of the world and its mechanics, can you point to a QM ruling on the matter?
- Has the ruling been referenced recently?
- What resources does this plan need, and do we have enough of them?
- Does the plan use resources that could be better spent somewhere else?
Format and readability Edit
- Can people understand your plan well enough to evaluate it?
- Is it clear what order actions should happen in?
- If your plan is totally new, is it at least 18 hours before the deadline?
- If it is a minor change, have you double checked with someone else in the hive mind?
- If it is a major change to an existing plan, have you considered posting it as a separate plan?
Spoon Savers Edit
- Have you marked events that can happen off screen?
- If anything requires complicated simulation, have you offered a model that the QMs could use?
- If your plan looks like it might win, have you asked the QMs if they want any clarifications?